Search This Blog

Monday, April 12, 2010

Fashionable?... the sheep effect

So I was sitting in napier the other day at my favourite Italian cafe having an Italian soda (brand new.. take the 'spider' and rename it with a country to make it sound fancier)
Its pretty much a scoop of vanilla ice cream with elderberry sode poured overtop. It was Just what i needed after a day of shopping with no success.
I was outside with my Mum and her Friend and as i looked around i noticed there were many, many teenage girls my age walking past who would flick me these look sof great distaste.. SO i asked my mum and her friend do i have something on my face.. nope.. am i doing something yuck.. nope.. it took me ages till i realised what it was. They wer all wearing these skimpy grey, long cardigans with short shorts, tights and ballet flats and they had caked makeup and racoon eyes. while i sat there sipping my soda wearing a floral skirt, brown kneehigh boots and a nice turquoise zip-up hoodie. I was the opposite to them.. i looked different to them.. and then i realised. i havent been sucked into the 'sheep effect'. There is a new style in newzealand and when i went to paris it appeared to be there to. to wear as little colour as possible and to be cold on freezing days. Because influenza is sexy... Girls who are around 11-16 walk around in these tiny booty shorts with thin cardigans and singlets, because thats what the shops tell them to wear. I think a bit of colour and a few more inches to the pant-length would do girls good. The sheep effect has swalloed hawkesbay and all the girls seem to be wearing the same thing. So is it right to be cruel to or stare at a person who is wearing clothing that you and your sheep-like friends do not wear?.. is it ok for a girl who wears grey to shun a girl who has an indie flare. Its not the same as racisim.. its kind of like clothisim and its not very fun when you're on the other end of being stared at.

RedLady

No comments:

Post a Comment