Search This Blog

Friday, April 16, 2010

unusually threatening kids

OK so today I thought it would be nice to go have lunch in town with friends so, wearing my new clothes I brought the weekend before i walked to town and met up with them. Before i met up with them tho i had to walk past the library. The library where i come from has a low stone wall, about sitting height, and today there was a small biker gang huddled in a group. I causally walked past them but as I did I found my self feeling a little uneasy.. Threatened by kids almost half my age. Anyway.. As i walked past them they all looked up and watched me, their eye burning through my skin.. I know i get watched a lot because i have bright red hair, i get yelled 'range' nd 'ginger' and one time a complete stranger walked past me and said 'move it you filthy ranga' so i causally said back 'and what? you gonna insult my HAIR COLOUR? very brave move..' but these boys today and the way they made me feel so uneasy made me think about how the image of young children, on bikes can pose an a threat to people walking by. I understand if old people feel threatened by them because they have been know to be rude and pushy but as a person my age I could not understand how a meer child on a bike could feel like a threat.. I ended up texting my friend as she was meeting with us and she got dropped off outisde the library, the second i saw her i felt instantly better.. This was such a weird feeling tho, scared by 10 year olds?? What were they going to do? run over my toes? Anyway I think its amaizing what things can make a person feel uneasy. wether it be a grou of young boys on bikes or a group of 16 going on 25 girls watching you walk past... both are very un nerving... i think keeping in our packs of two deffantly beat the feeling. As they yell out their insulting, rude catcalls i now have a sdekick to help me set up defence with our witty comeback and someone to laugh at them. defiantly beating them at their own game.

Redlady

No comments:

Post a Comment