Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

What to do after highschool

So when it comes to leaving high school and starting university every in my year seems to know where theyre going with ther lives. This appears to be kind of intimidating as i have no idea where i wanna go. Ive concidered many options, My whole life everyones told me im good at art, but i dont see art as a career.. its more of an occasional outburst of my hand vomiting paint on a canvas.. thats a pretty nasty visual image isnt it? So going off to university and studying Design is an option, ut i dont really want too.. Which then lead me to Nursing? One time in biology we were given the choice of disecting a lambs lung or a cattle beast heart.. i was the only one in the class (other than the sci-geek) who offered to disect this heart and lung system of an animal that has arteres you could roll a golfball down. I think nursing would be a good option for me. But then its very hard to decide, I dont want to waste my parents money (who are helping me pay for the courses) I hear of people who spend ages trying to find out what to do but i think that whole process of going from one thing to another would be very frustrating.
The pressure put on students to pass with excellent and top grade is very tough.
we had a lady come to our school who more or less told the entire year 13 (7th form) that if we didnt get the top marks in the country we wer going to fail at life. This is very hard on a 17 year old.
I find there is very little encouragement towards people who are not the top of their class or subject, there is a fine line between people who are helped and people who are ignored. I sit at the front of biology class and not one of my questions are ever answered, Even tho i study im never top of the class, unfortunalty im in one of those classes where the teacher has favourites.. a position very hard on students.. SO the final question is... should I go to uniersity next year or have a gap year to decide what to do?...

RedLady

1 comment: