Search This Blog

Thursday, April 29, 2010

At work today we had a blind lady come in, she is just about the most lovely lady I have ever met.
but it makes you think about people with dissabilities.
My father has almost 95% vision loss in both eyes so i am used to the suffering and stress that comes with it. Tho, no matter how many times dad has an accident, trips, falls, bumps into things.. i never get used to it. I think its because my father and I have a stronger relationship than my mother and I that I feel so bad for dad when things happen to him.
I have tonnes of friends that Know my father and its not untill i tell them that they even realise he cant see.
Ive always wanted to know the extent of what he can/cant see but in some ways it is something i do not want to find out.
One time when we went to our friends house for dinner he was brining a bowl in from outside, everyone else was in the kitchen, and we heard a huge crash and then a bowl breaking.
Im always the first person to rush to dads side when hes had a fall.
This time tho,he had walked into a glass door, the door hadnt broken tho but he had been klnocked out and wass lying on the ground.
I dont know if anyone reading this has ever seen their parents injured but its horrible, seeing a person you recognise and a figure of safety and support lying on the ground hurt is far more frightening than something commonly seen as frightening ie. an injection or perhaps a person with a fear of dogs.
My fear is defiantly produced itself in the form of my father getting injured.
Dad also had a trip in Egypt on two steps that wer at different levels. The man walking with him scuttled away instead of helping dad. this,I concider, is one of the most selfish and cowardly things i have seen a person do. Dad was left lying on the ground bruised and scraped up while this stupid man walked off very quickly so he wouldnt be caught up in the commotion.
Poor dad
And people wonder why im stressed.
My doctor has lateyly put me on a very low dose anti depressant because i was getting extreme migranes caused by stress. I dont always know what Im stressed about but my subconcions does so the doctor says. So far the tablets have worked wonders, no stress, no headaches but the most over whelming feeling of exhaustion, so bad my parents had to inform the teachers of it.
Not very fun.
I would never wish illness upon anyone, blindness is so hard to live with.
But I wouldnt trade my father for anyone in the world

RedLady

No comments:

Post a Comment